Friday, April 1, 2016

Update

I just wanted to give a brief update. I'm about 2 weeks post RAI procedure and mom is about 1 week post surgery.

I will have lab work next weekend to see if the procedure was a success. I'm not eating very well so mom and my vet decided to give me an appetite stimulant. I guess it's working because I ate my brekkie this morning. Mom says I'm acting anxious though. She hopes it was the right decision to try the stimulant. I'm resting now after running around all morning.


Mom is feeling better and was released to go back to work next week. She has some restrictions but nothing that will keep her from picking me up and cuddling with me. Sisfur Mia is too big so mom has to be careful and not pick her up. That means more cuddles for me!  I've liked having mom home these past few weeks so I'm not looking forward to her going back to work next week! 

Thanks for all the purrs and positive thoughts pals!

Love,
CJ



10 comments:

  1. Keeping our paws crossed the lab work shows the procedure was a success! Also glad to hear your mom is feeling better. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dood....we R hopin with all R hopes that yur app a tite will ree tern on itz own....we iz glad yur momz sir jerry went sew well... YAY !!! all de best two ewe next week on yur chex up....all 984 paws crossed everee thing iz 100 purrcent grate ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. We hope you have a good checkup when you go in to the vet. It's good to hear that your Mom is feeling better too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We hope you get a good report, CJ. Appetite stimulants can make you a little anxious and hyper. We're glad your mom is doing better too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, sweet baby, I hope the lab work shows all is well and you start eating again. You are so precious. I guess Mom's vacay is over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paws crossed that the lab work looks good, CJ! My human remembers the appetite stimulant she gave Sparkle making her restless, so hopefully it's just a minor side effect that will go away. I'm glad your human is feeling better, although going back to work is probably not on her favorite things list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cj precious baby, paws crossed for you. Please let us know. Have you tried Royal Canin wet food, even dry? It made Admiral eat when she was sick. There is something about it's aroma and taste. Most every kitty loves it but it is more pricey. Worth it for us though. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. CJ, if your vet gave you Mirtazapine for an appetite stimulant, it can cause anxiety. It made Carmine completely nuts! He ran around crying, seemed really confused and anxious. Cyproheptadine is another appetite stimulant that tends to be gentler on the system. Carmine can take the Cypro with no problem. Most vets prefer Mirtazapine as a first appetite stimulant, but if a cat doesn't tolerate it well, Cypro is a good choice.

    We are glad to hear that your mom can go back to work, but we know you will miss having her around, too.

    Purrs <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your bloodwork is good and that you want to eat more without the stimulant. Glad your Mom is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are glad to hear the good news, but are still sending purrs for both you and your mom, CJ x0x

    ReplyDelete